In this section we provide you with useful tools and information to reduce the proliferation of single-use plastics in your business.
Our suggestions for a plastic-free Ibiza and Formentera in 2023, step by step:
- Rethink. Check out all single-use products that you can remove entirely from your company.
- Reduce. Put an end to the culture of using and throwing.
- Avoid replacing a single-use plastic item with another of a biodegradable or compostable material, which may contain plastic in its composition or needs special conditions for its biodegradation; because, these don’t really solve the plastic pollution of our environment.
- Reuse. Opt for reusable, refillable, rechargeable products or alternatives.
- Recycle. As a last resort, if there is no alternative, use recyclable products. Recycling is important to reduce waste that ends up in the landfill, but it is not enough, because we produce more than we can recycle.
- Re-educate. Increase the awareness of your employees and their clientele about the serious problem of plastic pollution and its possible solutions.